Thursday 11 December 2008

The Emperor strikes back !!


As you can see from today's total I got back on track today and the journey home after a few evening races at Great Leighs didn't seem so long this time. Hopefully my luck has changed just in time for Saturday's x-factor final and I won't have a losing week after all !!
I think most of the boys in the shop did well today because a few fancied runners got beat and yet they were available to lay at short odds for longer than usual. A big player seemed to be on the chase backing wise !!
To answer "Trader" enquiry as to whether I study much form, watch a lot of videos etc. Basically, I am lucky to have a very good memory and so I just watch the evening replays on Racing UK or ATR's morning replays. This gives me a chance to spot things I may have missed or confirms the impressions that i have had on a particular horse during the afternoon. Any useful info usually stays with me once I have watched a replay.
The things I look for are whether a horse finished it's race strongly (then I can be confident to back it next time) , or perhaps got an easy lead,or weak finishers like Pressgang this afternoon(and was therefore flattered to win) etc.
For each race during the afternoon I will have a quick scan of the race and assess the 2 or 3 most likely contenders. If I can't remember their previous runs then I will usually watch a video of it on the RP or ATR websites.
For any newbies I would suggest watching as many races and replays as you can and run over in your mind how you would have played them 'live' in running.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Great bounce back, Mr Wong. That must be some memory you've got if you don't need to keep notes. Do you never use the form on the RP or Sporting life? About X-factor, you sweating about Alex yet?

Trader said...

Can i ask whats your background before trading mr wong were you a gambler with a knowledge of racing etc.thanks

Mr Wong In-Running Trading Blog said...

Hi Paul,
i do make notes,and i buy RP daily.
Hi Trader,
Before i joined betfair i did bet on horses with bookies like everyone else. However, i learned my race reading skills when i was in Hong Kong.
cheers

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon