Friday 14 November 2008

What a shambles !!!


There was a lot of drama in one of the televised races at Cheltenham and it proved costly for me. Dix Villez and jockey Davy Russell appeared to take the wrong course in the cross-country chase. I have watched these 'novelty' races at Cheltenham for many years and I have never seen a horse go inside the bushes that act as markers for the course. Therefore, I assumed Dix Villez was sure to be disqualified, So i laid the horse close home and I backed second placed Garde Champetre to win as well. Unfortunately for me, the rider had walked the course before racing and was told he was allowed to go inside the bushes. There was a Stewards Enquiry into the result but Dix Villez kept the race and I was out of pocket! I could have limited my losses as you can bet on stewards enquiries on Betfair but I decided to let the bet ride,because i thought the clerk of the course must have given the jockey the wrong instructions !! I'm sure the Cheltenham racing authorities will change the course layout for next year's race but that won't get my money back !!
This is British racing at its best--Jockey can take a short-cut to win races !!!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon