Friday 21 November 2008

Cool temperament needed !!


Another 'almost' day for me, the luck is not going my way at the moment but that is the way it goes. Sometimes when you play In-running,You can play well all day and then one mistake or a bit of bad luck can wipe out all your hard work. Overall I played well, but there is one blot on the p & l that stopped an average day being a good one. I saw Palomar making a bad mistake at the second last fence in the 1.50 at Kelso and was pretty sure that was him done for, so laid for more than 2k. Unfortunately for me, the horse survived the error and came back to win! Having also gone for a good win on Shoreacres at Ascot (caught late) I was now staring at a 3k loss for the day. It is best to try to remain cool at these times, as we all know, It is a marathon not a sprint in this game! So for the rest of the day I chipped away at the deficit and with the help of a good win on Issaquah at Kelso I got my nose back in front ! !

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon